To try SynaCompare, please:
1. Click here and then click on the “Access Now” button
2. Click on SynaCompare and make sure the query type is set to Nucleotide-nucleotide.
3. Click on the ‘test sequence’ button and get the herpesvirus 1
sequence fragment into the ‘Sequence’ box by clicking on the ‘Copy’ button.
4. The ‘Viral genomes’ should already be pre-selected with human herpesvirus 2
in the target expression box.
5. Using the default parameters, click on ‘COMPARE’ to begin your analysis.
6. Once you have your results in a dot plot graph, you can manipulate the graph to zoom into a particular area of interest as well as perform any other type of analysis such as mining for functional and structural annotations with the buttons on the right.
Note: Query size limit for free unregistered users for SynaCompare is set to 25Kbp.